Badoo is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team building exciting in-house tools. We’ve introduced tools for anomaly detection, real-time analytics, billing optimisations, computer vision and more. We want someone to help us to build even greater ones! We have a lot of data, with millions of images and messages exchanged on our platform every day. The ideal candidate likes challenging optimisation tasks and combines strong business acumen with experience in machine learning algorithms and extremely large data sets.
- Create statistical and predictive models in order to enhance our user experience and overall monetisation levels
- Deliver actionable insights to product, billing, engineering and operations teams
- Perform analysis across a variety of data topics and help solve challenges such as user clusterization, performance tuning, and anomaly detection
- Contribute to ongoing infrastructure improvements
- Participate in complex analytical tasks
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Expert in developing complex Machine Learning capabilities (both supervised and unsupervised) from initial concept through to implementation (inc. unit tests, CI etc)
- Very good knowledge and practical experience with Python for data analysis (Pandas, statsmodels, numpy, scikit-learn, Jupyter notebooks)
- Advanced SQL (analytic functions, performance tuning, data cleaning)
- Data mining and correlating a variety of data sources together to get the result
- Statistical modelling (statistics, regression, forecasting, time series analysis)
- Data visualisation (D3, matplotlib, seaborn)
- Storing mathematical/computer science background
- Curios mind and a passion for learning new skills/tools
- Knowledge and interest in Deep Learning algorithms desirable
- Experience with libraries such as Tensorflow/Theano desirable
- Python web development (Tornado, Flask) desirable
- Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Exasol knowledge desirable
- Version Control experience (Git) desirable
There’s nothing ordinary about working at Badoo. We’re just as social as our product and don’t hide behind our computers. Innovation is key to what we do and since we’re a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. We’re a diverse, international bunch and are based in amazing offices in Soho, with perks to match.
Badoo is the largest dating network in the world. With 370 million users across 190 countries and 450 employees worldwide, Badoo provides the best technology for people to meet, because happiness is better shared.
Each day more than 400,000 people sign up for a Badoo experience; users send over 350 million messages and 10 million photos are added to the Badoo platform. Users spend an average of 1.8 hours daily on the Badoo experience, for a total of over 12 billion swipes per day.
Badoo also operates a number of white label licences for various international brands. For more information, please visit badoo.com.