DATA ENGINEER | LONDON
ASOS is the no.1 fashion destination in the world and to achieve that we need data. Data is the life blood of the ecommerce system that powers the ASOS experience. Without data we wouldn’t be able to, tell you the products we have on offer, ship to your address, record your returns, and identify when you should be getting rewards or recommend products that you might like.
Data engineering at ASOS is about ensuring that our data platform, is robust, secure, timely and flexible. We achieve this by being integrated with engineering practice and follow principles such as, agile development, continuous delivery, and continuous improvement. We are pushing the boundaries of data engineering to ensure we can be true to these principles
Cue Advanced Analytics… We work with petabytes of data, leveraging advanced data engineering, analytics and reporting tools/techniques to deliver an accessible store of enterprise data that can be used for business critical insights and recommendations and enable ASOS to be a Data Driven business.
If you are passionate about technology and data engineering, love hands-on development, you should work with us!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Work as part of cross-functional agile team on the design and development of a large-scale, high-volume and high-performance data platform.
- Build large-scale ingestion and transformation pipelines an incorporate modern cloud-based technologies and frameworks.
- Creating and maintaining analytical extracts
WHAT SKILLS WILL YOU NEED?
- You have previous experience in a data engineering role and have worked with large-scale data environments.
- You’ll need experience with various big data integration techniques, integration patterns, as well as the technologies and products used to implement them i.e. how to deal with volume/velocity/variety in a performant way.
- You have worked with unstructured big data, including data modelling and processing techniques (ETL, ELT, LETS) for big data systems especially in cloud environments.
- You have exposure to the Microsoft Azure platform especially: Azure Data Factory (ADF); Azure Functions; SQL Database; Azure Cosmos DB; Azure Storage; Service Bus; Azure Data Warehouse (SQLDW); Event Hubs.
- You have an understanding of agile development practices, ideally having worked successfully with agile delivery teams.
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving and communications skills.
- You have database unit-test and integration test experience with automated testing frameworks and tools such as tSQLt, SpecFlow
- You have core programming experience of one of the following:
WE’D ALSO LIKE TO SEE:
- Experience with Azure Data Lake Analytics and U-SQL
- Understanding of Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark)
- Familiarity with infrastructure considerations for data and system integration.
- Broad knowledge of the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities.
- Integration tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins
- Continuous Delivery and Release Management tools such as VSTS and Octopus Deploy
- Source control tools such as Git and Team Foundation Version Control
- Experience in retail and/or e-commerce
WHY WORK HERE?
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Great development programmes
- Amazing offices and great culture
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday
- Subsidised gym and canteen
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme
- And tonnes more…
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. We believe fashion can make you look, feel and be your best and, with technology in our DNA, we deliver the latest trends to our digital-obsessed ‘twenty-somethings’ market. Our award winning Tech teams sit at the heart of our business. We deliver technical innovation and pioneer incredible solutions which are crucial to our continued success. We’re brave, creative and authentic; we’re extremely ambitious and thrive on the individuality of our amazing employees. Our values encompass everything needed for our tech people to be the thought leaders of tomorrow.